Founded in 1987, Retail software solutions provide stock control systems for retailers in the...
Rough Runner - The Christie
This year the Interbacs team are raising money for “The Christie” by participating in the Rough Runner 10km in Manchester on Sunday the 16th of June 2019.
The charity is close to all our hearts here at Interbacs and we are excited at the opportunity to raise money for this fantastic charity.
About The Christie
The Christie opened back in the 1890’s and is now one of the most renowned Cancer treatment and research centres in the world. Their strong team of over 2500 staff, 300 volunteers and over 30,000 public members, has been delivering cancer treatment breakthroughs for over a century by working closely with the many universities based here in Manchester.
Word first achievements for The Christie:
Our world firsts and proud moments have continued into the 21st century…
- 2002 – World’s first clinical use of image guided radiotherapy on a radiotherapy machine
- 2008 – Survival rates following surgery for bladder cancer recognized as better than anywhere else in UK
- 2008 – First UK hospital to be accepted as a member of Organisation of European Cancer Institutes. First UK organization to be officially accredited as a Comprehensive Cancer Centre, becoming just one of only eight centres to have this status in Europe
- 2009 – First trials in Europe undertaken for pioneering radio-immunotherapy cancer treatment
- 2010 – In September a Christie School of Oncology, the first of its kind in the UK, was launched
- 2010 – Signed a £14million private patient joint venture with HCA International in 2010 to develop The Christie Clinic – a new private patient cancer unit to increase income for our NHS services
- 2010 – Opened a £17million radiotherapy centre in Oldham
- 2010 – The Christie’s patient treatment centre housing the world’s largest single site early phase clinical trials unit and largest chemotherapy facility in the UK opens
- 2011 – Opened a £17million radiotherapy centre in Salford
- 2011 – Two new surgical theatres opened
- 2012 – Launched The Christie’s 20:20 Vision to transform cancer treatments and improve outcomes for patients, following year-long engagement phase with many of our stakeholders
- 2013 – Opened a £3.8million brachytherapy and molecular radiotherapy unit, housing the UK’s largest brachytherapy service
- 2013 – Launched a mobile chemotherapy unit to bring Christie care closer to home for patients in Bolton, Failsworth, Hyde, Rochdale and Trafford
The fundraising event
The Rough Runner 10K will take place on Sunday the 16th of June where the team will take on epic obstacles inspired by TV game shows like Gladiators, Total Wipeout and Ninja Warrior including, The sweeper Arms, 40m water slide, and legendary TRAVELATOR! (Rough Runner, 2019)
All the team are very excited to take on the challenge and raise money for this fantastic cause, and we would like to thank you for your kind generosity!